Inflation is hitting everyone hard and you may be asking yourself, “how do you save on grocery expenses?”
Here are some of the top ways you can save money on groceries:
- Make a shopping list: Before you go grocery shopping, make a list of the items you need and stick to it. This will help you avoid impulse purchases and overspending.
- Use coupons and discounts: Look for coupons in flyers and online, and be sure to take advantage of any discounts or sales at your local store.
- Buy in bulk: If you have the storage space, consider buying non-perishable items in bulk. This can often save you money in the long run.
- Shop around: Don’t be afraid to shop at multiple stores to find the best prices on the items you need.
- Buy generic or store-brand products: These products are often just as good as brand-name products, but they are usually cheaper.
- Plan your meals in advance: Planning your meals in advance can help you make the most of your grocery budget. By knowing what you’ll be eating for the week, you can buy only what you need and avoid wasting food.
- Use cash or debit instead of credit: Paying with cash or debit can help you stick to your budget, as you’ll be less likely to overspend.
- Shop the perimeter of the store: The perimeter of the store is usually where the fresh produce, meats, and dairy products are located. These items are often healthier and more affordable than the processed foods found in the middle aisles.
- Consider a meal delivery service: Some meal delivery services offer healthy and affordable meal options that can be delivered right to your door. This can be a convenient way to save time and money on groceries.