Being locked down in quarantine for years has made us all eager to travel again. For those of you trying to scratch that travel itch, we have created a list of several ways you can save money on flights:
- Book your flights well in advance: Airlines generally offer lower fares for flights that are booked several weeks or months in advance.
- Be flexible with your travel dates: You may be able to find lower fares by traveling on different days of the week or by being flexible with your travel dates.
- Compare prices: Use a flight comparison website or app to compare prices from different airlines and travel agencies.
- Sign up for alerts: Many airlines and travel websites offer alerts for price drops on flights, so you can be notified when prices go down.
- Use loyalty programs: If you frequently fly with a particular airline, consider signing up for their loyalty program. You may be able to earn points or rewards that can be redeemed for discounts on flights.
- Choose a less popular route: Flights to smaller airports or destinations that are less popular with tourists may be cheaper than flights to major cities or tourist hotspots.
- Consider alternative airports: If you’re flying to a large city, consider flying into a nearby airport instead of the main airport for that city. This can sometimes be cheaper, and you may be able to find ground transportation to your final destination.
- Travel during the off-peak season: Prices for flights and accommodations are generally lower during the off-peak season, which can vary depending on the destination.
- Consider alternative modes of transportation: Depending on your destination and the distance you need to travel, it may be cheaper to take a train, bus, or even drive instead of flying.