Ancestry is a service that helps you understand who you are and where you came from.
Ancestry helps you build your family tree back generations by using the world’s largest collection of online records. You’ll gain a better understanding of your genealogy and use AncestryDNA® to learn much more than just the places you’re from.
You’ll learn where in the world your story started, from your unique origin story to uncovering living relatives you may not have known about. Combining the collection of records with your DNA results allows Ancestry to find the best insights into your genealogy and origins.
Best of all — you can try it out for free.
Is There a Free Trial for Ancestry?
Yes, there is! The free trial for Ancestry.com is for 14 days. The free Ancestry trial will automatically turn into a paid subscription after two weeks. If you cancel during the trial period, your trial will end automatically and you will not be charged.
There are also free Ancestry accounts available, known as Registered Guest accounts. You never need to cancel one of these accounts because they are free, meaning you will never be billed unless you upgrade your account.
How Long is the Free Trial for Ancestry?
The Ancestry free trial is available for 14 days.
How Do I Cancel the Free Trial for Ancestry if I Don’t Want to Keep It?
Canceling your subscription is easy!
To cancel, simply sign into your account, click your name or username in the top right corner and click “Your Account.” Next, click “Cancel Subscription” on the right side of the page.
How Much Does Ancestry Cost if I Want to Keep It?
You can explore the world’s largest online family history resource for free for 14 days, but it will cost you if you want to continue on beyond the two-week trial period. There’s no risk involved as you will only be billed if you decide to keep your membership after your free trial ends.
|Monthly Membership||6-Month Membership|
|U.S. Discovery||$19.99 after free trial||$99 after free trial|
|World Explorer||$34.99 after free trial||$149 after free trial|
|All Access||$44.99 after free trial||$199 after free trial|
Each subscription will offer the following features:
- Explore all our U.S. record collections including birth, marriage, death and census records detailing occupations, ages, siblings, birthplaces, addresses, and more – even maiden names
- Connect with millions of other Ancestry members to ask for help, share ideas, make discoveries and possibly discover living relatives you never knew you had
- Organize, preserve and share your family tree online with advanced tools that help you grow your tree and upload photos and stories
- Learn from our exclusive Ancestry Hints – where we do the searching for you to expand your family tree
- Make discoveries in Ancestry special collections with records and help to focus on African-American and Jewish family history
- Get simple-to-understand guidance every step of the way so you can start making discoveries on day one
Both the World Explorer and All Access subscriptions have the following additional features:
- Enjoy unlimited access to more than 3 billion international birth, marriage, death, census, military, church and other records
- Discover your immigrant ancestors and learn more about your family’s homeland in detailed passenger lists, border crossings and more
- Travel back to the 16th century in popular UK birth, marriage and death records and see original hand-written documents
- Learn about your ancestors in more than 80 countries outside the U.S., including the UK, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Australia, France, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and more
And the All Access subscription level offers you the following on top of all of the features listed above:
- Find stories among 142 million plus articles on Newspapers.com
(Other subscriptions to Newspapers.com may be available but are not included in the All Access package)
- Explore more than 537 million records on Fold3, our historical military records website
How Do I Get the Free Trial for Ancestry?
Simply visit the free trial page on Ancestry.com, choose your plan, and click start free trial, and off you go!