No longer are the days of the cruise horror stories where people were stranded on boats for days on end because of the Coronavirus. Cruising season is back in full effect! Here are some of the most popular ways you can save money on cruises:
- Book your cruise during the off-season: Cruises tend to be cheaper during the off-season, which is typically the period between fall and spring.
- Look for discounts: Many cruise lines offer discounts for military personnel, seniors, and families. You may also be able to find discounts for booking early or for last-minute deals.
- Consider a shorter cruise: Cruises are generally priced based on the length of the trip, so a shorter cruise will generally be less expensive than a longer one.
- Book a cabin with fewer amenities: Choosing a cabin with fewer amenities, such as a private balcony or a larger living space, can save you money.
- Consider a repositioning cruise: Repositioning cruises are offered when a cruise ship needs to move from one region to another, often at the beginning or end of the cruise season. These cruises can be a great deal because they are often longer and less expensive than regular cruises.
- Look for all-inclusive options: Some cruises offer all-inclusive packages that include meals, drinks, and activities in the price. These options can save you money in the long run, especially if you tend to splurge on food and drinks while on vacation.
- Travel with a group: Many cruise lines offer group discounts for families or groups of friends traveling together.